Polka Dot Data – Project Manager
Who we are
For the last 6 years we’ve been helping e-commerce businesses to change the way they collect and analyse their website data to achieve big results. At this point in our journey, we are looking to expand our client base and velocity of work we are able to deliver by growing our team and ensuring we have the best minds possible to help us to achieve this.
We aspire to be the number one analytics firm in the UK. To help us achieve that ambitious goal we’re looking for a Project Manager to proactively manage our internal team members and clients. Someone who is strong in Project Management, processes and task management systems who has experience managing digital projects. Analytics expertise would be beneficial but we are also very happy to train someone up to know what they need for this role.
We are looking for someone with a strong interest in people, problem solving and working proactively to identify issues and risks in advance, and takes pride in overseeing and delivering the agency’s projects and providing excellent service to our clients.
We’re looking for someone who is detail-oriented, loves organisation and planning and is able to help their team and clients complete projects with a pragmatic approach; who is passionate about being part of a growing industry and wants to help businesses make better use of their data. Our clients cover many different industries, so you’ll need to be adaptable and thrive on problem-solving too. And the great thing is that as part of such a small team (<10 people!) you get to feel the rewards of making a massive difference to the business with everything you do.
Your role in brief
- Overseeing the business’ analytics project delivery
- Managing resource and tasks in Scoro (Project Management System)
- Liaising with clients, updating key stakeholders and internal project team – ensuring clear and concise communication
- Being the main point of contact on your projects for day to day discussions and any concerns they might have
- Responsible for project documentation and ensuring the team is provided with up-to-date information and briefs
- Manage by exception and raise issues to senior management where appropriate
- Ensuring all stages of the project lifecycle are planned, logged and carried out including project kick offs and wash ups
- Reviewing our Project Management processes on an ongoing basis with an eye on continual improvement
- Ensuring projects are delivered on time, on budget and at an appropriate quality level
- Working closely alongside Sales team members and Analytics Team Manager to select and plan resource for projects
Your knowledge and skills
- Excellent understanding of Project Management processes and methodologies
- Having some background knowledge of marketing, website management and e-commerce web solutions is beneficial
- Skilled in customer service and client communication in a timely manner
- Pro-active problem solving, identifying risks on your projects
- Ability to support your project team to overcome challenges
Who you are
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- You’re able to translate technical ideas from the team in to user-friendly language to clients
- You have a great work ethic, self-motivated, with a keen attention to detail
- You stay calm and focused under pressure
- You’re great at prioritising and managing task completion in a high-pressure environment
- You love working in a small, collaborative team
- You want to make a difference
- You are able to empathise with team members and support in identifying their needs, training requirements and issues to the Analytics Team Manager
What’s in it for you?
Everyone at Polka Dot Data gets the chance to get involved in interesting projects from day one, to achieve a lot in a short space of time and to work on exciting (often well-known) brands. We also want to develop your skills – to build on the strengths you bring to us.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Remote – although ideally near Hampshire where a lot of the team are based
Salary: Based on experience