Polka Dot Data is an established web analytics business with a strong reputation for providing impeccable customer service to a broad range of interesting companies. Started by analytics specialist Anna Lewis in 2016, the company has helped well over 50 ecommerce businesses change the way they collect and analyse their website data, helping them grow their businesses by better understanding what their customers need.
We are drowning in client work and struggling to keep on top of our admin, so we’re looking to recruit an administrator who can keep everything on track whilst the rest of the team focus on doing a great job for their clients and new business opportunities.
We are looking for a friendly and organised administrator, who would love to act as a cheerleader for the excellent work we do and help us do it all more smoothly! The position may suit a highly motivated individual, who might be a secret geek and not have admitted to their friends how much they love a good spreadsheet.
- Working 4-8 hours per week, from where ever you like
- Keep our time log and bookings spreadsheets up to date
- Basic accounts including raising sales invoices, uploading bills, chasing overdue invoices and reconciling bank feeds in accounting software – QuickBooks
- Gently reminding the boss when she has forgotten to do something important
- Occasional other admin, such as making bookings, calendar appointments etc
Skills and requirements:
- Experience with QuickBooks (and Xero too would be a nice to have)
- Friendly and good at building relationships
- Flexible, reliable and with a positive attitude
- Strong command of English language – written and oral – spelling and grammar are very important!
- Strong communication skills – via telephone, written reports and email
- Hardworking, methodical and an eye for detail
- Polite and punctual
- Able to manage own time and hit deadlines
- Strong IT skills with experience of working with a PC using the GSuite of tools (especially GMail and Google Sheets)
Why work with us?
- We are a fun and friendly, growing company, proud of the excellent service we provide in a growing industry.
- Every day is different
- We’re down to earth and straight talking and enjoy a good laugh. Despite being a bunch of geeks at heart!
- We need you to, so that our invoices get sent! 😉
- Rate of pay: £10-£13 per hour based on experience
- Self Employed Contractor welcome, or happy to add to payroll if preferred.
To learn more about our company, please do visit our website. You don’t need to understand what we do before you start.
If you would like to apply for the role, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!