Attention Google service users! If you’re already using tools like GA4, Google Ads, gtag, and Google Tag Manager, we’ve got an important message for you.
It’s time to make a simple change to how you handle user consent by March 2024. By adopting Consent Mode v2, you’ll easily let users indicate their consent.
This update ensures that you can still gather essential insights and data for your website, whilst respecting those who choose not to share their information. It’s a win-win for everyone!
Are you ready to revolutionize the way you manage privacy preferences on your website? Introducing Consent Mode v2 – the ultimate solution to tailor your online experience according to your preferences while maximizing your advertising effectiveness!
Consent Mode v2 addresses privacy regulations by providing aggregated, anonymized data, offsetting the loss of non-consenting user data. This aids marketers in understanding campaign performance while respecting user privacy. Enhanced conversion modeling further enhances insights, enabling a more comprehensive understanding of user behavior and campaign effectiveness. The two new consent options:
- ad_user_data: This parameter is used to determine if personal data is sent to Google based on user consent.
- ad_personalization: This parameter is used to control the use of personal data for purposes such as remarketing.
Unlock compliance with the latest privacy regulations with our cutting-edge Consent Mode v2 implementation service for Google Tag Manager (GTM). Our expert team will review and enhance your advertising and analytics tags to seamlessly integrate with the updated consent settings, guaranteeing alignment with privacy standards. Through thorough testing across diverse scenarios, we’ll ensure flawless functionality, accurately reflecting user preferences in data collection and tracking.
Here is what we do for most if our clients:
- Guideline for the required changes in the respective Consent Management Platform(CMS).
- Reviewing the consent defaults set to the website.
- Reviewing if any consent mode template is used for the consent implementation in GTM.
- Modifying advertising and analytics tags in the GTM to reflect the new consent settings.
- Revise the cookie banner to prominently display the two new consent options
- Verify accurate reflection of user choices after the user interacts with the banner.
- Thorough testing on the implemented changes.
We highly recommend implementing these changes as swiftly as possible. Delaying the implementation could have adverse effects on advertisers, as it may result in the inability to capture any new European Economic Area (EEA) user advertising data, including Google Ads, after March 2024.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to elevate your digital strategy. Upgrade to Consent Mode v2 today and start reaping the rewards of personalized consent management!